Random ramblings from one girls life
qq_free
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Prayers for my cousin and his family

My cousin Marty has just been diagnosed with gastric cancer. He's only 23 and in the Navy.

Some excerpts from his blog on facebook:

"I have finished the appointment with the oncologists, and there wasn't much good news to be said. I have been diagnosed with Stage 4 gastric cancer. (a rare form called Linitus Plastica or leather bottle stomach) I have been told that I have 9 to 18 months to live. That is the average, and I'm expected to do better than that based on my age, otherwise good health, the most positive attitude ever, and the fact that they are going to throw the largest chemotherapy regiment they can at me. "
" On the bright side, blood tests show that my body knows that it has cancer, and has already been attacking the bad cells. A sort of lucky natural chemotherapy, but it definitely needs assistance. Further surgery has been halted until the Mayo doctors look at me and decide what they want to do. Since this has spread, they might not do surgery at all since it wouldn't be contained to the stomach anymore. Thanks to everyone for the support and prayers and know that I am the toughest guy out there and I will not lose to this. I am going to fight through this after all I have a family and friends, a career, the world to see, and an upcoming engagement to live for!"

It so scary that it came so quickly. :(



Katie
posted by @ 7:05 PM  

1 Comments:

  • At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe he is only 23 and has stage 4 cancer... It is scary to think who else out there has something like this wrong and has no idea that its even there...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me
I am just a veterinary student working my way through life.
Entries
Archieves
Links
Template-by

Visit Me Klik It

Validated

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional