Random ramblings from one girls life
qq_free
Sunday, September 07, 2008
My summer
So I'm spending the first weekend of this school year, not doing any homework! :) I figure if I can get away with it, to enjoy it before school hits hard again.

So this summer was quite an adventure. I moved in with Lucas in Detroit Lakes and worked at the Hawley vet clinic all summer. It was a great summer! We had every weekend off, so we had plenty of time for fun. I got to go horseback riding this summer again, we went to country fest in walker, went to the hunting cabin with my dad, and worked on getting the Tae Kwon Do gym all spiffed up.




We also got a tortoise, “Kame”, that we adopted from a family that wasn’t taking the greatest care of her.


The clinic I worked at was great also! It’s a fairly new clinic and it was a great learning experience watching and being involved in the decisions that are made in running a clinic. Sarah, the vet was great at getting me involved and teaching me about why/how she made the decisions she did. I learned a lot, and got to have some great hands on experiance! ( i think we had pyos this summer!) I'll probably be going back next summer to work for them again. Here's a picture of the two of them down in New Orleans.



I also went to New Orleans for the annual AVMA (american veterinary medical association) convention in July. I had been there back in 2001 for a band trip, so it was interesting to go back and explore it as more of an adult. Not much had changed because the area we were in hadn’t really been hit by the hurricanes. I loaded up on stuff at the convention. The vendors definitely knew that free stuff is the key to a poor vet student’s heart! That was my big adventure of the summer. I was glad to come back to Minnesota though, Louisiana is a tad too warm for me. :)




I'm back at school, only 22 credits this semesster, so I'm hoping that I can enjoy a fairly laid back semester before the 2 "worst" semesters start. I just keep looking at the end result, because as I do enjoy learning this stuff, the stress that comes with it gets to me at times.

Luckily this year, I not only have Gracie my wonder-mutt, but I also have Tommie, my cat that I’ve had since I was in 4th grade. She’s up there in years, so I figured she deserved a nice retirement from farm life. She’s doing great so far, definitely enjoying being a pampered house cat.
>
posted by @ 6:03 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me
I am just a veterinary student working my way through life.
Entries
Archieves
Links
Template-by

Visit Me Klik It

Validated

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional