Random ramblings from one girls life
qq_free
Monday, January 04, 2010
Exciting holiday break
I got engaged!!!

Lucas and i have been dating for 4+ years and were friends for 2 years before that. . so it wasn't totally unexpected but was a wonderful suprise!!

Here is the full story that i posted on facebook.

So Lucas broke his ankle (specifically his talus) about 4 weeks ago . 3 weeks before my family's trip to Jackon Hole Wyoming. Unknown to me he had already purchased the engagement ring and had asked my parents for permission the night before breaking his ankle. His original plan was to propose on the mountain at Jackson Hole by making it look like he totally wiped out on the hill so I would come and check that he was ok.

Well plans had changed obviously since he couldn't snowboard on a broken ankle. He decided to come with on the trip anyway and figure out a way to make it work. So he bought a "scenic tour" ticket so that he could take the tram to the top of the mountain . . of course my whole family (minus Andy who is oblivious to everything) is in on the plan.

So the crew meets up with Lucas (with his bundled up leg in a cast) and we make our way to the tram to take a "family picture" afterwhich Lucas decides that he MUST crutch his way over to the snow. Distracting me by pointing to a random sign at the top of the hill he was able to get a small box out of his pocket without me noticing. He kinda falls over as his crutch sinks into the snow and asks me to come closer so i can help him. He then gave me this little pirate chest with my GORGEOUS ring inside to which i replied "whats this . . and Seriously?!!" when i looked down he had tears in his eyes (yes i'm spoiling his big tough man image) and asked me to marry him . . i answered "of course" and there was some hugging and kissing and random yelling from my family (my dad: "let him down easy Kate") who had been watching and taking pictures the whole time.

So yeah, thats the story . .date is undecided at this moment but it will be sometime after my graduation in April 2011.


Some pictures:
The actual proposal


Later that night when my mom went picture crazy




Later that night when my mom went picture crazy
posted by @ 5:31 PM  

1 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is not my first time to pay a quick visit this
    web site, i am browsing this site dailly and obtain nice data from
    here everyday.
    http://ridersq8.com/CurtB56
    http://stalkerfrance.com/wiki/index.php?title=Utilisateur:Janis15E
    My web blog - diffraction

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me
I am just a veterinary student working my way through life.
Entries
Archieves
Links
Template-by

Visit Me Klik It

Validated

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional